Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

REVIEW: Rebecca's Lost Journals,Volumes1-4 by Lisa Renee Jones

If you are a fan of Lisa Renee Jones' Inside Out Trilogy then you must read the Inside Out Novellas! There are 4 e-short stories in all. You get a smart and seductive glimpse into Rebecca's mind, body and soul. The book that started it all, If I Were You is now available in store at Barnes and Noble!

Rebecca's Lost Journals, Volume 1: The Seduction
In this first steamy e-short of excerpts from Rebecca’s Lost Journals, Rebecca reveals her first submissive experience—with the man who will become her Master." 
I loved Volume 1!  The journal format is so natural and inviting to read. In this novella, Rebecca accepts her starting position at Mark Compton's art gallery. What she doesn't anticipate is what is about to be offered to her and it has nothing to do with art! Rebecca needs to decide if she has what it takes to be a submissive. She enjoyed her trial run but is unsure if she wants to sign the contract with Master. My favorite quote of The Seduction is, "The important thing is to set limits, the things you won't tolerate. Talk to him and if he won't agree to those limits then you need to consider if this is right for you. He only has control because you give it to him. Don't ever forget that." I can't wait to find out what Rebecca decides in volume 2. I'm thinking the heat is about to turn up because the sexy glimpse I got in volume 1 was hot, hot, hot!




Rebecca's Lost Journals, Volume 2: The Contract
"In part two of Rebecca’s Lost Journals, The Contract, the relationship between Rebecca and her rich, darkly alluring man intensifies and she must decide just how deep she will go into his into his intensely erotic world."
Rebecca is gaining confidence both at the gallery and in her decision to become a sub. Rebecca's recount of her "lessons " with Master were smoking hot and a bit of a tease. I wanted much more of them! I'm still keeping a cautious eye out for Josh and want to give Rebecca a high five for her success at the Gallery and with all the male attention! Just when I think I have Master pin pointed, Lisa Renee Jones throws in a curveball and keeps me guessing.  I'm definitely connecting with Rebecca and thoroughly enjoying reading from her POV!









Rebecca's Lost Journals, Volume 3: His Submissive
"In part three of Rebecca’s Lost Journals, His Submissive, Rebecca must decide just how far she will go for the darkly intense man who she is falling in love with. And does she dare believe that he too, will ever love her?"
Journal 3 was full of sexy scenes and lots of time spent with Rebecca and her Master.  This was my favorite journal of all and that cover, wow!  This journal revealed more about Master.  He sure can put her under his spell.  So much, that Rebecca finally feels she has some control in this arrangement and is making the right choices.  Another exciting glimpse into Rebecca's life! 

 


 
Rebecca's Lost Journals, Volume 4: My Master
"In part four of Rebecca’s Lost Journals, My Master , it’s Rebecca turn to claim control and set the limits in her relationship."
I felt like I was on an emotional rollercoaster while reading Journal 4.  The tone of this one was solemn and sort of sad.  Rebecca wants more but she doesn't believe that Master does.  She feels he is using the contract against her.  Rebecca is struggling between her addiction to him but also her need for more.  I'm glad she took more time to spend with herself and writing in her journals. She needs that for her own sanity.   At the end I felt she was being too hard on "him" and I loved the few tender moments that were shared between the two.  I love how Lisa Renee Jones keeps us wanting more!  I'm still on the edge of my seat! 



Connection to The Inside Out Trilogy that has recently been optioned to STARZ for TV with Suzanne Todd (Alice in Wonderland w/Johnny Depp) producing and includes exciting clues for the series readers but stands alone as it’s own exciting erotic story.
xo, D

6 comments:

  1. Love this series! One of the best in this genre. My new favorite author!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely AMAZING reviews!! I am so excited that I can buy If I Were You in store now!! YAY!! I can't wait for the TV series! Lisa Renee Jones is a Phenomenal writer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa is one of my favorite authors! I love this series and can't wait for the rest of the series to be available!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reviews! I have only read the first two journals and can't wait to read the next two when available. I love the journal format which lets you into the thoughts of Rebecca and all her feelings. Wonderful series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the reviews, Lisa Renee Jones is an amazing authors and one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are such stunning covers! This is a great way to keep from chewing my nails waiting for Being Me, the sequel to If I Were You. Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete