Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Review: Pieces of You by Cassia Leo


In Relentless, college student Claire Nixon and surfer Adam Parker each had a painful past too heavy to carry alone. Claire tried to push Adam away, but Adam's relentless pursuit of her heart and her secrets made her wall come crumbling down.

Though their hearts will never be whole again, Claire and Adam now know they are stronger together than they are apart.

But now Claire's attending college a hundred miles away from Adam. With their relationship already hanging by a thread, Adam is sent to Hawaii on business.

And rock star Chris Knight is back in Claire's life.

Chris wants his ex-girlfriend back and he knows just how to get her: only he has the power to mend the final missing piece of Claire's broken heart. Now Claire must choose between a long-distance relationship with Adam and a second chance at love, family, and home.



~*~
Review
Remember how I said that I didn’t read the end out of order when I read Relentless? Well, I held true to my word and stayed the same for this one. Again, I’m so glad I did that! Although, because of this, I was so focused on reading that I had quite a few mishaps in my real life because of it. You know, like being late to drop off my kid at daycare and then realizing at 9:40 at work that my dress was on backwards… but these things happen. There was a story that need to be read…

So at the end of Relentless, I was pretty open about the fact that I was TEAM ADAM. There was no swaying me. And then I started Pieces of You. It starts right where Relentless ends with Chris trying to inch his way in. By 10% in to the book, I was starting to waver on which team I was on. Chris was getting to me in a good way. He wasn’t the cocky jerk I thought he was going to be. He was so much more!

Chris proved to be much more than I originally thought. He was much more in tune with Claire, much more giving, and just all around amazing. Chris proved himself over and over throughout the story. He showed that he was willing to go to whatever distance he needed to go to continue to be in Claire’s life. I thought for sure that he would be sneaky & backhanded in his quest to win her heart, but he wasn’t. He was honest and open with her.

Adam. I absolutely adored him in Relentless. I thought the guy could do no wrong. Then in this story, he kind of irritated me. He made decisions and I understood WHY he made those decisions, but they really pissed me off. He could’ve done things differently. He could’ve communicated his intentions more effectively. There were so many things that he could’ve just done differently and I would’ve still been firmly planted on Team Adam. Now by the end of the story, did he redeem himself? Absolutely. At the end of the story, I was back to being in love with him.

Claire. Gah. She’s so broken. She makes so many decisions throughout the story that made me just want to shake her! But I understood *why* she did those things. I got it. She’s had a life nobody dreams of and virtually no support for the majority of it. I have a soft spot for that girl. I have read various people saying they don’t like her or that she is wishy washy, but wouldn’t you be that way if you’d had her life? Of course she struggles with attachment issues. Of course she struggles with communication. How could she NOT struggle with those things? I cannot wait to see her grow throughout the next story. By the end of Pieces of You, she had finally opened her eyes.

I can confidently say that I am 100% on Team Undecided. I want them all to have their HEA, whether it is Claire/Adam and Chris finds a new love or Claire/Chris and Adam finds a new love. I just want them all to be happy at the end of this series.

Cassia Leo did not disappoint in her style of writing in this story. It continues to flow and continues to grasp your attention entirely. You continue to be captivated by the twists the story takes without it being ridiculous. Write on, Cassia, write on! I am ready for more Adam, Chris, and Claire!

{em}

~*~
Buy It

No comments:

Post a Comment