Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

REVIEW: Relentless by Cassia Leo


Claire Nixon is a twenty-year-old college dropout with a secret.

To Claire, Adam Parker is just another flirty customer at the cafe, until a chance encounter and seemingly innocent comment spurs a bet between them. The bet is simple: If Adam can get Claire to reveal the secret that made her drop out of college, she has to re-enroll. If he doesn't succeed, she gets to keep her secret and he has to stop stalking her at the cafe.

Claire thinks she has this one in the bag. She's perfected the art of forgetting her past. But she isn't prepared for Adam's relentless pursuit or for him to share his own secrets. And she's definitely not prepared for her rock star ex, and her secret, to come banging down her door one year later.

*New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language, drug use, and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.*
~*~
Review
Most of you know that I’m REALLY bad about reading books out of order. I frequently read the end by about 25% in to the book. It’s bad and I know it. Right off the bat with this book, I knew I couldn’t read out of order. I am SO glad I didn’t read the end ahead of time!

Right away I liked Claire. Cassia has a way of writing that makes you instantly connect with all of the characters. For Claire, you know that there is something more to her. I had several ideas of what her “secret” was. Some I was ok with and some I prayed that it wasn’t true. By the end of the book, I had pretty much guessed it and was satisfied. But there were so many twists throughout the story that captured my attention.

Adam. Oh Adam and all of his stupid freaking jokes. I mean, the jokes that are the type that are so ridiculously stupid that you have no choice but to laugh at them. I really liked him right off the bat. I totally rooted for him to win Claire’s heart. I wanted him to put her back together and help her feel complete. He was sweet, loving, and absolutely amazing. Adam isn’t without his own secrets and many of his REALLY surprised me. They really made me fall a little bit harder for him.

During the entire story, Cassia kept my interest without adding unnecessary drama. Her writing flows smoothly throughout the entire story and keeps you focused.

At the close of this story, I didn’t hate Chris anymore, but I was FIRMLY on TEAM ADAM.
  
{em}

~*~
Buy It

No comments:

Post a Comment