Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

REVIEW: Mile High by R.K. Lilley

"James and Bianca’s tumultuous story continues in the sequel to In Flight.

James has initiated Bianca into a dark and drugging world of passion and pain. He taught her about her own submissive, masochistic nature, and she fell swiftly and deeply in love with the undeniably charming and impossibly beautiful Mr. Cavendish, but a painful misunderstanding and the return of the brutally violent demon of her past have combined to overwhelm Bianca, and, confused and hurt, she pushes him away.

It’s been over a month since the shocking attack that hospitalized her, and since she told a distraught James that she needed space, but her feelings haven’t gone away. Even she knew that it was only a matter of time before he would cast his spell on her again…"




I freaking love these two! Seriously could they be any hotter? The sex scenes were jaw droppingly good and completely original. I don't think I'll ever look at a horse the same again!  (that's all I'll say about that one)
I love that this story could have easily be the same old thing, but it's fabulously different. Bianca was only slightly annoying by holding back at times, but it really didn't last long. James is a dream come true in a Dom and a partner. He provides the best of both worlds. I got the obsession that they have for each other! I wanted to please James, LOL!  I loved watching them grow both together and apart. 
I also loved all the details of their clothes, how he wanted them to look alike and how he wanted to dress her. I'm so jealous of the fashion and luxury that accompanies James, Bianca is one lucky girl.

 So much of the time I found myself highlighting.  I really enjoyed R.K. Lilley's writing! My favorite quote of the whole book was:
"The depravation of his physical affection affected me first, but I thought that the emotional withdrawal from him was by far more devestating. And I wouldn't have realized it, wouldn't have realized how generously he had always tended to my emotional needs, until he had set my body on fire and withdrawn from me completely. It was a revelation."


I actually had a tear in my eye a time or two about two thirds throught the book. I was glad to see Bianca starting to chip away at that wall of hers. Of course the secondary story is exciting as well.  I cannot wait to see how this all wraps up.  Fabulous!!!

xo, D

What amazing writing. Beyond just the story being told, it was the WAY it was told. R.K. Lilley has a way with words that is stunning. She could've done the same old "millionaire meets less fortunate" love story, but she took it to a whole new level. She took the typical BDSM storyline to an entirely different place, too.

Watching the mistakes Bianca made at times was so hard. You just wanted to shake her and tell her that relying on someone was ok. Not everyone was like her father. I really was pushing for her to recognize that James was more than a Dom for her. He was there for her in so many different ways. Though, watching her learn from her mistakes and grow was excellent.

James. Gah. That man. *I* was mad and devastated when he withdrew from her! I needed him to show he cared so I could stay in love with him. And throughout the story,  he did. He proved it over and over. He continued to hold her when she needed to be held and pushed her when she needed to be pushed.

As soon as I finished this one, I went on a hunt for all of the teasers I could find for the next book. I couldn't wait to see where this story was leading Bianca & James! Write on, R.K. Lilley

{em}

No comments:

Post a Comment