Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

REVIEW: Grounded by R.K. Lilley

"James and Bianca’s story draws to a close in the explosive conclusion to the Up In The Air Trilogy.

After a short but earnest courtship, Bianca can no longer deny her feelings for James, and though she’s tried her hardest, she can’t help but see that he cares deeply for her, as well. In a completely uncharacteristic move, she has put aside her misgivings and agreed to live with the enigmatic billionaire. Is her leap of faith the beginning of something wonderful, or is it too much, too fast?

As James and Bianca feel a growing need for each other that neither can deny, circumstances beyond their control intervene, trying to tear them apart. Amidst the ever mounting threat of a monster who wants Bianca dead, and the constant pitfalls of an indiscreet past that James can’t seem to escape, can these two passionate lovers manage to find their happily ever after?"


I was really sad to have this series end, but thrilled at the same time for how it all came together. I was more sure of things in this one than the two previous but it still surprised me many times! I don't know how RK Lilley did it, but she managed to come up with even more, original and hot sex scenes! His office, wow, need I say more, and how Bee just got to stay there all day!

The things these two did to profess their love to one another was so romantic.  I loved how they cherished one another and virtually needed eachother to breathe!  The most hurtful and nerve wracking scene happened in book 3 as well. I knew that James would never lose control but it still made me nervous and my heart ached for Bianca and Stephan.
Bianca matured so much and I was really proud of her to let go of her issues and move forward. I can see how easily that could happen with James. He was really perfect!

The supporting characters, aka all of the good friends, were entertaining and interesting. They each had something cool about them and how they fit into the life that was Bianca and James. I was so glad that Bianca bonded with James' friends and enjoyed time out with the girlfriends! One of my favorite relationships was Bianca and the quirky Jackie. I chuckled everytime Bianca had to choose her own outfit and the cataloging system. And also how annoyed Jackie would get when she would see her out someplace and she hadn't followed her guidelines.

Stephan's chapters were a great addition to the book and a real glimpse into who he was. It was also a nice break from Bianca's POV. I loved that Bianca and Stephan didn't have to sacrifice or compromise their own relationship to find individual happiness.  Like James said, they were co-dependent but in a good way.  We should all be so lucky to have a friend like Stephan. 

Some of my favorite lines were: "How about I make it up to you with a handful of orgasms?" "He was topping me from the bottom" and "courtesty of Control Freak Cavendish"

Of course I won't mention how the story wrapped up, but I will say that I love how Ms. Lilley gave everyone an ending!  It made me so happy.  

Mr. Beautiful is Mr. Perfect in my eyes! I'm obsessed and so in love!  Thanks R.K. Lilley for a fantastic series!!!  I will definitely be reading these again!

xo, D 


WOW. I don't know about you, but sequels and subsequent books in a series always make me nervous. I'm always scared that the follow-up books won't be as good as the first on, they'll lose momentum, unnecessary drama, etc. I'm always SO SCARED before they come out. There's nothing like falling in love with a book, getting excited for the next one, and then being totally let down. 

Lucky for me, I had less than a week between reading In Flight and Mile High until Grounded came out. But I was so worried about it! I was totally in love with R.K. Lilley's writing and the story she had developed between James & Bianca. When Mile High ended,I thought, "well, I don't know if she can do any better than that, but hopefully it is at least comparable." And then I saw bloggers all over posting about how it was so amazing. And I got a little excited, but I was still so nervous. I've seen rave reviews before and then thought, "ehhhhh. It was alright," so I wasn't quite convinced. And then that Monday evening happened. And I told myself I would just read a little bit of it so that I could get a little taste of it and it would motivate me to get caught up on paperwork for my job. But I couldn't stop. I could.not.stop. reading. There were things to do and I just couldn't put the book down!

This story blew the others out of the water, in my opinion. James & Bianca still have their issues they had to work through. But, they've grown so much as individuals AND as a couple that they can do it. You have hope for them. There were still times when I wanted to shake the crap out of Bianca for making STUPID choices. However, there were so many times that I was cheering for her for her obvious growth as a person. I was cheering for all of her relationships. While I have enjoyed Bianca in the other books and my heart broke for her, I absolutely fell in love with her in this book. I loved the way she started to examine different aspects of her life and how she gained more courage in herself. Phenomenal.

And James. I've loved him the whole time. He was still romantic and amazing. He was still hot as crap. He was still powerful and commanding. But in this one, he was so tender. He was able to recognize that his past did not determine his future and he was able to teach that to Bianca. He was thoughtful of her reaction to things and I loved how he would tell her what his intentions were for the future and say that he understood that she needed time to adjust. It takes an amazing man to recognize how to respectfully approach the sort of issues he had to deal with in regards to Bianca. I absolutely loved that it appeared that he stopped using pain as a form of punishment and sought other avenues to help Bianca realize how her choices were impacting him. Don't get me wrong... there was definite pain inflicted ;) but I didn't feel that it was used as punishment this time. He outdoes himself on many things.

The supporting characters. AHHH! LOVED them! I loved hearing Stephan's POV a few different times. I felt like it helped get to know him a bit better and understand his perspective. I loved seeing the relationships with the pilots and flight attendants. I also enjoyed seeing how Bianca & James immersed themselves in to each other's lives and friendships. The supporting storyline was just as fabulous as the main focus.

James & Bianca's relationship has come full circle and their story is complete. I wasn't left needing more from them. What a glorious way to wrap up their story.

By far, the best book in this series. They others were amazing, but this one was stunning. Boundaries were pushed, limits were tested, but they were done in the best way possible! If I were to rate this on a 5 star system, it would be 5+ stars. 5 just isn't enough. OH! And as sad as I was to see the magnificent ending to James & Bianca's story, I was absolutely elated to see that we are going to get more books about some other characters in this series! I can't wait to learn more about the others!

Write on, R.K. Lilley!

No comments:

Post a Comment