Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

REVIEW: In Flight by R.K. Lilley

"When reserved flight attendant Bianca gets one look at billionaire hotel owner James Cavendish, she loses all of her hard-won composure. For a girl who can easily juggle a tray of champagne flutes at 35,000 feet in three inch heels, she finds herself shockingly weak-kneed from their first encounter. The normally unruffled Bianca can't seem to look away from his electrifying turquoise gaze. They hold a challenge, and a promise, that she finds impossible to resist, and she is a girl who is used to saying no and meaning it.

Bianca is accustomed to dealing with supermodels and movie stars in her job as a first class flight attendant, but James Cavendish puts them all to shame in the looks department. If only it were just his looks that she found so irresistible about the intimidating man, Bianca could have ignored his attentions. But what tempts her like never before is the dominant pull he seems to have over her from the moment they meet, and the promise of pleasure, and pain, that she reads in his eyes."


I can't even form a coherent thought after finishing this book!  I believe my exact quote that I sent to Em (and my friend C) was "OMG, OMG, OMG".  The whole thing was fabulous.  I was so excited to read a BDSM book, with a Dom seeking out a sub (yes, similar to another series but SO different) and they were not petulant and whiney and sullen.  They were hot and sexy and smart and strong and hot!  Did I say hot?  So we have our typical broken and damaged heroine and hero, the fabulous best friend, the nosy coworkers, you know the scene.  But what was so different, was the setting. I liked learning a little bit about the airlines, pilots and flight attendants and how much fun they have.  I love the young billionaire and all of his quirks.  He's not shy about his demands to Bianca and definitely not afraid to take what he wants and where.  And there was a lot of that.  Holy hell, some of the scenes in the airplane were smoking hot!  All along I could tell that Bee was really holding back and afraid to let go of her feelings, her emotions and revealing her past.  I thought I saw some of that chip away but I know she needs a lot of work.  The underlying story of Bianca's past was surprising and an exciting addition to the storyline.  The way the book ended had me craving more!  Hey James, I'll submit to you anytime!  um, I mean Mr. Cavendish ;)  Such a scorching hot read with a bossy yet sweet man! 
xo, D

Oh.my.heavens. This one definitely made me blush! This made a certain other Dom we all know look as if he was sitting on his porch in a rocking chair because he was so relaxed. I don't know how I waited so long to read this one! I am actually glad that I waited because I was able to move through the whole series in less than a week from start to finish. I think the waiting would have KILLED me.

Bianca's history is heartbreaking. It's no wonder that she was not only hesitant to embrace Mr Cavendish, but straight up resistant to him. I absolutely ADORED Stephan and how he was supportive of her, but he pushed her. He recognized her reservations about the entire situation and was able to address her fears.

And James Cavendish. Mr. Beautiful. Whatever. He is Mr. Amazing. Could I deal with a man that is as absolutely controlling as he is? Not on God's green earth. I couldn't handle it. But he is also sweet and romantic and absolutely devoted.  But if he wants to wine and dine me, I'll take that. James Cavendish is a breed of his own.

The ending to this story was PHENOMENAL. To say I wanted more and right away is an understatement. I NEEDED more. I needed all of my reading buddies to read this at the same time because I wanted and needed to talk it all out. The whole story was absolutely amazing, but the ending took the cake!

Write on, R.K. Lilley!
{em}

No comments:

Post a Comment