Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

REVIEW: Devoured by Emily Snow

"Sienna Jensen had no plans to return home when she graduated college last spring--after all, her dreams lie in California. But when she discovers her grandmother's Nashville home has been foreclosed, and the new owner has started the eviction process, Sienna has no other choice but go back to Music City. And she comes face to face with the flawed, gorgeous man she never thought she'd see again. The man who now holds the deed to her grandma's estate.
When millionaire rock star Lucas Wolfe finds the outspoken redhead glaring at him from across a courtroom, he's both infuriated and intrigued. He still can't get the night Sienna almost spent with him out of his mind, and the chemistry between them is as undeniable as it was two years ago. He craves Sienna more than ever. And just like everything Lucas hungers for, he's determined to have her.
Now, Lucas will do whatever it takes to lure Sienna into his bed, even if that means making a deal with her: ten days with him, playing by his rules, and he'll hand over the deed to her grandmother's home. Though she agrees to the arrangement, Sienna is conflicted. Because of her duty to her family. Because of promises she's made to herself and a past that still haunts her. And as Lucas's game of seduction continues, and Sienna is introduced to his dark, erotic world and even darker background, she realizes that at any moment, she could be devoured."

This book was excellent! The first time I read it was the day it was released. I sat down and read through it in 1 day/night, I believe. It sucked me in from the first page and I could.not. put it down. The 2nd time I read it was just recently. I happened to be reading it while I was channeling my inner Lucas and getting my new tattoo. The artist (who happens to be a friend of mine, thank goodness) was asking what the book was about, so I gave him a brief synopsis. His response, "well? Is she begging for it by the end? Seriously, if she does, I need to know this guy's tricks!" That was definitely an interesting conversation, to say the least.
Sienna intrigued me from the beginning. There was something about her that really captured my attention. She reminded me of myself in a lot of aspects. There were certain situations where her confidence was obvious and then other situations where her insecurities got the best of her. As far as her family is concerned, Sienna struggles. She has quite a hard time standing up to her family, but I loved how Lucas pushed that issue with her. I love that he encouraged her to be strong. I really liked how her character grew and developed. I enjoyed seeing her take on a more confident nature.

Lucas. Hot. That is how I describe him. He is a confident, tattooed Rock Star. At times I was scared he was just going to be mean more than he was dominant, but that feeling didn't last. He quickly showed that despite his relatively rough and aggressive exterior, underneath it is a guy that is passionate and caring. His method of getting what he wants is definitely unconventional, but it works.

I really adored the supporting characters. Sienna's brother Seth... well, I wanted to punch him in the jaw a few times, but he grew on me. The grandmother was so sweet and I loved her. I'm pretty sure I want her to be my grandmother. Kylie is Lucas' assistant and she holds nothing back. LOVED her. She's definitely someone who I'd want on my side of a fight! Tori is Sienna's best friend and roommate. That girl seems like she would be awesome to party with, but still ridiculously loyal!

One scene that I just can't get enough of is the piano scene. When you get to it, you'll know. It was HOT. I found  myself saying, "oh holy shit," and, "yes, please," more than once. Then it ended. It just ended and I might have yelled at my poor Kindle. And I was so pissed at Lucas for Sienna, but still so much in love.
At the end of the book, I was left wanting more. Well, I take that back. I NEED more. It's a definite NEED. I need to know why Lucas is the way he is. I need to know what is driving him. I need to know more about Sienna! I'm not sure what I want to know about her, but I need more! I need to see where their story goes.
Towards the end of the month, All Over You (the Devoured novella) will be released and it is going to be FREE!! She also has an unrelated book, Tidal, being released THIS WEEKEND!

{em}

No comments:

Post a Comment