Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

REVIEW: Fight With Me by Kristen Proby


"Jules Montgomery is too busy and content with her life to worry about a man, especially one Nate McKenna. If growing up with four brothers has taught her anything, she knows to stay away from sexy men with tattoos and motorcycles. That goes double if he's your boss. During the one incredible night they shared, he violated the no fraternization policy...among other things, and it won't happen again. Jules won't risk her career for mind-blowing sex, no matter how much her body and her damn heart keep arguing with her.

Nate McKenna could give a shit about the no fraternizing policy. He wants Jules and he'll have her. The rules could bend around them, or be damned. He's not a man to be taken lightly, and Jules Montgomery is about to find out just how he responds to being pushed aside after the best night of sex he's ever had. She can fight all she wants, but he'll have her in his bed in the end."


 
FIGHT WITH ME is the second novel in the With Me In Seattle Series.
 
I enjoyed every minute of this story and did not want it to end! Let me start by saying that the With Me in Seattle series is so amazingly good! There will be 7 books total and that makes me so excited! I want to be these people, they all have fabulous lives, the men are smoking hot and the women wear to die for clothes and shoes!!! What's not to love! Ok, there's always a few set backs but that's how life is. I highlighted so much on my Kindle, there were 27 highlights and 4 bookmarks! That is a record for me! any book that starts out with a sex scene is right up my ally! While there were a lot of them, they never felt repetitive or overdone. Every single one of them was something different and hot!


So, Jules and Nate, ahhh. They both just exude confidence. I love them together and I love that the first time things didn't really pan out. I can't imagine how difficult and awkward those 8 months would have been! I love the sexy whispering and the way savor each other. The apa, OMG the apa. I have to admit, it has me very curious! Jules is such a badass! I love how's she is into kicking ass and taking names! ( Which she gets from her yummy brothers )  The scenes of Jules and Nate working out were fantastic!

Jules and Natalie are still one of my favorite BFF couples! They are tough on eachother and tell it like it is!  And now the new dynamic between them is super supportive and sweet. Another favorite part of mine was when they went for pedicures and the totally had baby Olivia's toenails done! I love moms that don't freak out over little things and just enjoy life. My favorite quote of the whole book came from Natalie, "God, Jules, if I swung that way and wasn't married to the hottest man in the free world, I'd so do you right now."

The Montgomery family is amazing! I love keeping up with them and having glimpses into their lives together and individually. They were so good to put Jules in her place when she needed it but they also gave her some time to get herself together.  I love the parts with her brothers in it and Issac and Stacey, I really like them from 1.5.  Getting to know Will a little bit at the end has me very impatient for the next novel to come out!  I can't say enough great things about this series! Each couple has so much to offer and is unique. I love how the stories build on one another and keep you updated. Jules and Nate might be my favorite of them all! Totally sexy, smart and hot!
xo, D

EEK! What a fabulous book! I'll admit... Natalie and Luke are more my 'style' and 'pace', but I couldn't help but fall in love with Jules & Nate. I love that Nate has tattoos and piercings. Holy hell, that is hot. I loved that it was completely unexpected from him, too. Lookin' all business on the outside, but totally different underneath the suit.

D pretty much summed up all of my thoughts on this. I mean, there isn't much more I can add that she hasn't said. Like her, I want to BE the characters. I found so many times that while I was reading I had to remind myself that this was not real life. This was not MY life. At some point (which came all too fast!), the story would conclude. So the fact that we get 8 total stories (7 books & 1 novella) makes my heart very happy.

I'd say my favorite scene in the book happens in the bar. It is hot. It is sexy. And it is crazy romantic. I love when a guy defends his girl and is in complete control of the situation. Nate was the perfect example of a guy who is in control without being controlling. He respected Jules in every situation and the bar scene was just one more example of that.

The glimpse we get of Will throughout the book has already made me fall in love with him. He seems to be sweet, caring, and all around a great guy.  I cannot WAIT to find out more about him and his new lady!

Write on, Kristen Proby. Write on. We are ready for more!

~ Em

No comments:

Post a Comment