Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

REVIEW: Avoiding Commitment by K.A. Linde

"Jack and Lexi never had a typical relationship. After 2 years without speaking, she receives a phone call that changes everything. He unexpectedly asks her to convince the new girl, Bekah, that he's ready to commit. Jack is calling now after everything they had been through because there is another woman. She can't believe it. Follow Lexi in this heart wrenching drama as she relives her past relationship, or lack thereof, with Jack, and not just in her own mind, but to his fiance-to-be. Throw in Bekah's hot brother who always seems to be in the right place at the right time, a past with more secrets to unravel than you can even imagine, and you get a recipe for disaster. Find out what happens to Lexi as she travels to Atlanta to get the closure she so desperately desires from Jack, and how the bumps of life seem to keep getting in the way."


Avoiding Commitment by K.A. Linde. Holy smokes. What a whirlwind this book was. If we're being honest, I have to put this on the table. I bought this book the day it was available on Kindle. I started the first few pages and it wasn't grabbing me. So, I did what I always do. I read the last page. I was PISSED when I read that and decided it wasn't worth my time. Then I saw all kinds of blogs posting about how amazing it was. I find out the sequel is coming out on Dec 1, so I decided that on our upcoming Thanksgiving road trip, I'd read it. Then I loan it to D before I've even read it and she insisted that I had to read it RIGHT.NOW. I am SO glad that I did. My only excuse is that I must've been in the mood for more light and flirty and less intense at that point in time.

I can hardly begin to even tell you how I felt at the end of it all. Throughout the entire book, my emotions were taken on a trip. There were times that I wanted to clock Lexi in the face and tell her to wake the hell up because Jack  was a jerk. Then other times I wanted to tell her to hold out because Jack was so amazing. I laughed at parts because I so remember how things were in college. I went from so happy and in love to wanting to take my Kindle outside and bash it on the cement. The way it was written, you could totally put yourself in Lexi's place. You felt exactly what she was feeling. And I loved every minute of it.

And beyond Jack & Lexi, the supporting characters are awesome. I loved seeing Chyna as her best friend. She was supportive when she needed to be, but she didn't hold back either. I'd love to be her bff, for real. Bekah. I can't say too much about her because it'll give too much away. It's safe to say that she and I would NOT be friends. Ramsey. Ohhhh Ramsey. I don't know what his secrets are, but that's ok. I think I'm in love with him. I was hesitant with him at first, but he grew on me. I really liked him by the end.

My favorite quote from the book without giving away the end? "I don't want to miss you again. I want to see you more. I want us to hang out. God, I want us to finish our movie."
{em}


I stole, um, borrowed this novel from Em.  Yep, she had it sitting there on her Kindle being neglected.  I swooped in and took it!  And holy hell am I glad that I did!  I could not put it down, my house was trashed, my eyes were burning, my Kindle was attached to the charger because it died, but I could not.stop.reading.
Let's start with Lexi.  She wasn't my favorite girl at first, I mean she is always the other woman.  However, she is very realistic and I understand why she did the things she did.  Not gonna lie, don't think I could resist Jack either.  I did grow to love and connect with her!  (awesome job by K.A. Linde, I might add)
I am so torn about Jack. I both love Jack and hate him. I can relate to how Lexi feels, because I feel the same way about him.  While smoking hot, I think he has an evil part to him and the way he behaved toward the end, not sure if he is going to get back into my good graces.  (Damn you!)

I loved how their story unfolded and i felt the same emotions in the matching present vs. past chapters. I love the supporting characters, even the ones that I want to hate.  I think they were just so well done by the author.

I need more! I'm so glad I only have to wait a couple of weeks for the sequel. I was given so much in this novel, but I want so much more. I have so many unanswered questions and feelings. I really am not sure how I *want* this to all end. ACK! Fabulous read!

xo, D

No comments:

Post a Comment