Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

REVIEW: The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle

"It's been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and boy she once loved.
Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart when he moved from England to America with his family when they were both fourteen.
Sent to interview Jake for her music column by the magazine she works for, they are both unprepared for the sparks that fly the instant they reconnect. Only, there’s a complication to their instant feelings for one another – Will, Tru’s boyfriend of two years.
Then Jake makes Tru a job offer she can't refuse - travelling the world with him and his band. But taking the job means leaving Will behind, and being on the road with the band means spending an inordinate amount of time with Jake.
Is Tru strong enough to resist the delectable bad boy who once held her heart so completely, or will she willingly risk it all for one night with the worlds most notorious womanizer?"


This book was AMAZING! The begining was a little wordy, but that is Tru's personality and I ended up liking her little rants that she would have with herself.  I think it made me really connect with her.  I loved her character and felt she was  easy to relate to.  Every emotion she felt, I felt too.  I was elated, happy, sad, devestated, had tears...all of it!  And what can I say about Jake?  The ultimate Bad boy with just enough sweetness. Making up for lost time, seriously!  That's all I'm going to say on that topic ;) I really loved reading his POV at the end.  I am so glad that I stumbled on this book and devoured it in a couple of days.  I'm sad that it's over, I really didn't want it to end!  And now that the cover and title are released for book #2, Wethering the Storm, I'm super excited! Fabulous read, go get it NOW!!

xo, D


So, a few months ago I was getting my first tattoo. A couple of friends were with me and one of them mentions this new book she got called, The Mighty Storm. She said she started it the night before and it was so good. I thought it'd be the same old rock'n'roll love story I've read before. And what a beautiful rock'n'roll love story it was. But it was so.much.more! It was sweet (um, how romantic is Jake? :swoon:). It was sexy (rock star with tattoos? YES, PLEASE!). I got angry... man did I get angry. Jake is a bit controlling and at times I wanted to smack Tru and tell her to stand up to him. Then there was a huge twist that I was NOT expecting at all. And I might've cried. I got angry, my heart broke for so many reasons, I was sad, but I was still in love. And it was a bit more realistic than some I've read... and I REALLY liked that. However, I think what sealed the deal on loving this one was the bonus chapter. It is the first chapter from Jake's POV. Once I read that, it kind of explained his thought process and made his behavior in the book make sense.
I seriously loved this book. I am SOOOO excited for the sequel to come out. Come on, June! We are ready to read!

:) Em

No comments:

Post a Comment